Thursday, October 21, 2010

17 days and counting...




This past Sunday was my last 20. The weather was perfect and I was feeling great...aside from some knee pain which left me struggling at many points in the later half. I didn't run Monday, and Tuesday I hit the treadmill for a softer surface. To say it's making me nervous is an understatement, though I'm sure it just nerves. This is a 33 mile week, and between today (Thursday) and Sunday, I have the bulk of my miles, with 15 on Sunday. That 15 is the official last of the "long runs" before the marathon. This is the first week of taper, and next week I only have 24 miles to do!!

Emily's cheering shirt is all ready, and my name's been added to mine so I can hear "Go Liz!" or "Go Emily's Mom!" from the supporters. Now I start making lists...what I need to pack for me and Em in general...what I need for race day....what I still need to buy...what goes in my drop bag...how many gels I'll be carrying...






While I'm trying to get ready, and certainly excited, I'm also trying not to think TOO much about the marathon because both the excitement and nerves are already getting to me! I've been checking in the ING website for daily tips. If you'd like to see those, chick here. I'm also wondering what the chances are I'll see Bobby Flay, or Al Roker on the course!! They are just of the 45,000 people who'll be pounding the pavement November 7th.

I continue to be amazed and impressed with the generosity of so many of you. I can't express how much it means to have so many of you backing us, and showing your support for all people with Spina Bifida by making a donation to the Spina Bifida Association in support of Emily and this marathon cause. Family, old friends, new friends, people we've never met, therapists, businesses, colleagues, schools, friends of friends, fellow SB families - you have ALL made this venture so remarkable by your donations to SBA, and your show and words of support for Emily.

If you haven't had a chance to donate, there is still time! The last day for donations to be received by us through the mail is:

October 27th

You can make online donation through November 6th. Instructions on how to make an online donation that count towards our goal can be found at the link above.

Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails